Monday 23 June 2014

Final piece.

My final piece is a collection of 5 boxes that you can put your hand in and feel what's inside. I wanted them to create a sensory experience that would make people 'jump' or scream. I have now put them in the dark room so I could create a creepier experience. Here are a few pictures of the boxes:


I wanted them to be made out of wood so they would look a lot better but I couldn't afford any so I had to use what I could find in my dad's garage. I found some Perspex which I could use but I wasn't sure how it would look when finished.
After cutting them into shape I heated th and bent the corners to make the boxes. I found this quite hard to do because the Perspex only stayed soft for a short period of time. I then glued the sides together and after they had dried, I started painting them. 
I glued pieces of material to the top so people could stick their hands in without seeing what's inside. 

Overall I think they look quite tacky and horrible so I'm not happy with the final outcome but I think they will produce the outcome that I wanted because of the things inside.






No comments:

Post a Comment