Monday 23 June 2014

FMP work so far

I started with my idea of the boxes with things inside to scare people. I then had to think of what materials I could use with a limited amount of money. So I went home and my dad found some old plastic he didn't need anymore which I could use a heat gun on to shape into my boxes. I did this then using a glue gun I stuck them together. I thought they looked quote tacky at this point. I then told my dad I wanted one to look like it was connected to a plug to scare peoe even more, so he found me some rope and an old plug which I attached to the box then spray painted the inside silver to give it a 'metal look' which I think looks quite good. My dad then said he had a light somewhere in his garage that I could put inside and switch on to look like the electricity is actually going into the box and that it's switched on to make it more believable. I think it looks quote good.

The other boxes, I painted black inside and put so you can't see what's inside them after I've put the fabric over the top. I thought it was quite hard to paint them because you could see brush strokes and marks on the inside but I then thought well people won't be seeing the inside so it doesn't really matter however I still think they look a bit cheap and tacky. I still need to get the stuff to go inside them but I think they will look better with the labels and fabric on. 
One of the boxes labelled 'shit' I decided to put pink glitter on so it confuses people. I quite like it but I ran out of one of the colours of glitter I was using so I had to swap half way through so I tried to hide it by mixing the colours. I think it looks okay though. 

Next I need to finish off the labels and details on the boxes and put the fabric over the top so people can't see inside them.





No comments:

Post a Comment